Berenberg's owners have a personal liability to the firm, which ensures independence from corporate interests, strict risk management and a high level of management continuity. Over the course of the 425 years in which we have existed, Berenberg has been run by only 38 managing partners.
Today Berenberg is led by two long-serving partners. They are Dr Hans-Walter Peters (spokesman) and Hendrik Riehmer.
Proportion of voting rights:
- 30.4 % Berenberg family
- 26.1 % PetRie Beteiligungsgesellschaft mbH (Dr. Hans-Walter Peters [MD], Hendrik Riehmer)and Dr. Hans-Walter Peters
- 1.5 % Former personally liable partners
- 15.0 % Christian Erbprinz zu Fürstenberg
- 15.0 % Jan Philipp Reemtsma
- 12.0 % Compagnie du Bois Sauvage S.A.