As an investor with a long-term outlook, you can take advantage of our global asset management strategies and opportunistic approaches. Whether you are a private or institutional investor, you have a wide range of options - from pure bond strategies to aggressive multi-asset strategies with a high equity component. As an active manager, we are characterised by our well-founded opinion on the capital markets, which we implement decisively - even countercyclically and away from benchmarks.
- The capital market expertise of our portfolio managers and investment strategists is widely recognised in the market
- Many years of capital market experience of all decision makers
- Benefit from the complete Berenberg expertise: economists, equity and fund managers, quantitative and equity research
- Structured investment process involving the Investment Committee and the Asset Allocation Committee to determine the house view
- Free from conflicts of interest and in our decisions
- Acting fast thanks to a centralized approach
- Active investments away from benchmarks, also in special issues and countercyclical opportunities
- Elaborate discussions and publication of our convictions (Find out more at Capital Markets View)
- High commitment of our portfolio managers to the concerted house opinion, deviations only in exceptional cases
- Daily performance and risk monitoring
Active asset allocation
We understand Multi Asset above all as investing actively and flexibly while being broadly diversified at all times. We manage the investment ratios of our liquid asset classes, segments and regions with foresight and as anti-cyclical as possible. The utilisation of short-term market opportunities and continuous risk controlling are key elements in the implementation process.
Successful selection of securities
The selection of promising securities is carried out directly by proven specialists for the respective asset class in the multi-asset team. In addition to external research, they draw on other experts from throughout the bank. We benefit in particular from the strong expertise of our equity team. We add opportunistic and tactical positions to the mix regardless of the market consensus.
- Investments primarily via individual values, funds and ETFs
- Independent choice of seller
- Independent product selection
Moderate use of funds and ETFs
- for control of the investment ratio
- for special topics
- for segments without particular Berenberg expertise
- for diversification purposes
Focus on ESG
- Preferential selection of sustainable, ESG-compliant solutions when comparable investments are available
- No futures on food
- Pure ESG strategies available
Our clients are long-term investors who wish to increase their assets in the medium term, participate in the development of the capital markets and have an attractive risk/reward profile with an active manager. This includes:
- Fund investors and high net worth individuals
- Institutional investors
- Foundations, church and public institutions
Benefit from a flexible multi-asset strategy with a focus on individual ideas. Strategic long-term positions in attractive capital market segments, especially niches, are supplemented by short-term oriented thematic investments as well as opportunistic positions. Investments are made broadly across all asset classes and regions - deliberately detached from any benchmark. Therefore, the active approach is not based on pre-defined bandwidths for individual asset classes. On the portfolio-level, a comprehensive risk overlay is made on the basis of sensitivities to key risk factors.
Invest in our balanced, globally oriented multi-asset strategy. The strategy generates attractive returns through a broad diversification of global investments, an active allocation management, as well as a flexible exploitation of opportunities combined with a professional risk management. The strategy benefits from our proven stock selection process and the active asset allocation. The inherent risk of the strategy is alleviated by a high degree of diversification of the investment capital.
ISIN / WKN
Berenberg Multi Asset Balanced R A|
|67.11 EUR||26.31%||8.12%||Berenberg Funds|
Berenberg Multi Asset Balanced R D|
|79.39 EUR||26.29%||8.13%||Berenberg Funds|
Berenberg Multi Asset Balanced M A|
|112.59 EUR||0.00%||Berenberg Funds|
Benefit from our sustainable and dividend-distribution-oriented multi-asset strategy. The objective of this defensively-oriented portfolio is to take advantage of attractive opportunities as well as generating continuous income in order to ensure long-term capital preservation. This includes the active monitoring of investment quotas, capital commitment periods and regional and sectoral allocation. Due to the paramount importance of Berenberg's sustainability criteria in the investment selection process, the strategy is well-suited for investors who aim or are required to incorporate ESG factors in their investments.
Invest in a defensive multi-asset strategy that goes beyond the classic products on the stock and bond markets. The central aspect of the strategy is a broad diversification across asset classes, segments, sectors, currencies and regions to exploit advantageous correlation properties. This is supplemented by an active and flexible management of investment quotas along with a continuous risk controlling, which aims to alleviate price fluctuations as well as a steady participation in the capital markets.