Preserving capital, adding value
We identify many opportunities on international bond markets for our clients and implement them with a focus on risks and return in the respective interest rate environment.
Our portfolio managers draw on the full range of Berenberg expertise available from our economists, capital markets strategists and research teams to select individual securities at fixed or floating interest rates. This gives us an interdisciplinary and holistic perspective on bond markets.
Bond management approach
- Flexible management of durations, credit and liquidity
- Selective bond-picking based on proprietary analysis
- Opportunistic participation in new issues markets
- Individual degrees of freedom in the broad investment universe offer flexibility in a low interest rate environment
- Flexible approach to the complex bond market for attractive risk-adjusted return
- Dedicated sustainability focus in various segments
- Active and transparent investment processes
- Continuous risk controls are a fundamental component
- Combination of rule-based and discretionary decision-making
- Close cooperation between the Multi-Asset and Strategy & Research teams
- Direct discussions with the companies in cooperation with the equity fund management team
Bond investors tend to have a long-term perspective, so ESG risks should be factored into the investment decision.Robert Reichle, CFA, CQF, Head of Bonds - Emerging Markets
Our strategic focus areas
Our focused fixed income strategy portfolio offers you selected investment solutions in various market segments. We implement them for institutional and private investors in the form of customised institutional funds, specialist mandates and funds.
Alina Finkmann, CFA joined Berenberg in January 2018 as product specialist. Since 2020 she heads the multi asset product specialist team. In this function, she is the first contact person for product and client-specific matters for all multi asset and fixed income strategies. Before joining Berenberg, Alina worked as a consultant for the Asset & Wealth Management industry. Alina Finkmann received a Master of Science degree in Business Administration and Finance of the University of Hamburg and a Bachelor of Science degree in Economics of the University of Konstanz. Alina Finkmann is a CFA charter holder.
Important notice: Investing involves risk. The value of investments and the income derived therefrom may fall as well as rise and investors may get back less than the amount invested. Past performance is not an indicator of future returns.